- Please try to provide 4 weeks notice
- These can be arranged with our Practice nurses and carried out during their clinic sessions. It is essential to organise them well in advance of your departure date. The reason for this is that to achieve maximum protection against the various infectious diseases that you might contract abroad, the vaccines have to be given as courses and in a particular order and time is required to carry this out effectively.
- We need to know where you are going and for how long, other countries you may be travelling through, whether you are pregnant and if you’ve had an adverse reaction to any vaccine previously. The same applies to malaria protection.
- We use TRAVAX, approved software that provides up to date information about all vaccination and Malaria requirements.
- If you are travelling outside Europe for more than a month, this is known as a complicated travel schedule, we may be able to provide some of your vaccines but you may need to seek the advice of a Travel Clinic initially.
The following are the details of the local Travel Clinics:
The Travel Clinic Ltd, Ipswich - 01473 217592 (www.travelclinic.ltd.uk)
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible - at least 4 weeks before you travel - as a second appointment will be required with the practice nurse to actually receive the vaccinations. These vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine. Your second appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
The Nurse will inform you if some of the travel vaccinations you require are chargeable, you will need to make payment prior to receiving these vaccinations.
Travel Health Questionnaire
To help us offer the appropriate advice, please fill out the online form before coming to see the nurse.